Sunday

Joan Szechtman

Perhaps, my blog name, Random Thoughts of an Accidental Author, says it all. Having worked in computer sciences, I never expected to write, or if I wrote, it most likely would be science fiction.

But then I discovered Richard III and found his real life and character so compelling that I had to write about him. My first book, This Time, transports this medieval king seconds before he would have died in battle to the 21st-century. Although there is a scifi element to the story, the focus is predominantly character, history, and speculation of what might have happened where the historical record is blank or contradictory.

This Time is 2010 Next Generation Indie Book Awards General Fiction Finalist
Visit my website for more information and to read the first chapter. This Time is available as a trade paperback at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository, etc. and as an ebook at Smashwords.

The second book in the series, Loyalty Binds Me, is available in print at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository, etc. and as an ebook at Smashwords.